Friday, September 18, 2009

a new year

Since the new year is coming up quickly (Rosh Hashana starts tomorrow night!), I have been doing a lot of thinking about this past year. I have been amazingly blessed, and I am so thankful for everything. There have been hard moments, and I know that I have undertaken a hard challenge, but if this coming year is as good as this last one, I will be thankful

It is hard to be so far away from my family, but I am thankful that they got to experience this last year with me, and they are constantly in my thoughts. I think of Gilad Shalit's father, of Asaf Ramon's mother, and I am thankful that I can still contact my family, and celebrate with my husbands family. I remember that Shalit has spent 1,200 days in captivity, and all his father asks on this new year is that he be allowed to return home. He has given Hamas a gift for Gilad, a simply Rosh Hashana package. I remember that just last week Asaf Ramon's mother was preparing for these holidays, and this week she has had to enter into morning. It is said that during these days before Yom Kippur, it is written who will live and who will die in the coming year. We cannot know why these things happen, but I hope that everyones year is peaceful and happy.

I am beyond thankful and continuously amazed at the wonder that is my daughter. People can tell you what childbirth and raising children is like, but everyday I discover something new. I feel like I am more able to feel every moment that passes, which is both good and bad. I hope that in this coming year we can see only more blessings from each other. May you all have a sweet and happy new year!

שנה טובה ומתוקה

No comments: