Sunday, March 28, 2010

baruch dayan haemet

the last couple days have been tough. Everyday has brought bad news, although B"H nothing directly relating to the family. Israel is a small country though, and every death feels close to home. On Friday two soldiers were killed... my BIL who is an officer in the army knew long before anything was posted on the news. One of the soldiers who died went to school with my husband, as did his brother who died in combat 12 years ago. My heart goes out to his family, and the family of the other soldier killed.

One of my husbands neighbors also passed away on Thursday. we spent shabbat in a sad sort of mood, and I am thankful for all the blessings I have. Monday night is the start of Passover, and I will celebrate my freedom and the ability to live the life I want with a loving family in multiple countries. May everyone have a healthy and peaceful holiday, chag sameach

No comments: